The Barrington Village is a Membership Organization, a Local Village of the Village Common of RI.
2020 is our beginning year as a Village, and we are excited to share our development and plans for services.
The Barrington Village Steering Committee develops plans locally and has a representative on the Village Common Board. Two representatives participate on the Coordinating Council of the Village Common of RI.
Membership is open to all. Membership Fees are suggested at varying levels, with a “write in your fee” option to accommodate everyone’s economic circumstances. It is our hope that the Membership Fee is never a barrier to joining our Village. To learn more about Membership Fees, please click on Join Us.
The benefits of joining:
- Being connected with peers helping each other as we age in our community
- Having access to Barrington Village Services
- Being invited to Barrington Village and Village Common events
- Choosing among a rich variety of Volunteer Opportunities
- Receiving the monthly Village Common Newsletter
We ask that our Members accept and embrace the core values of the Village Common of RI: Generosity, Inclusivity, Engagement, Collaboration, Sustainability.
We encourage, but do not require, volunteers to be members and members to volunteer if able. Making connections with each other and with our community is our aim.